Packing for a Safe Move
We can offer a full packing service, or just breakable items only.
If you choose to pack yourself, we sell a range of boxes and paper, tape and bubble wrap
Boxes (medium): £2.00 each
Boxes (large): £2.50 each
Tape: £1.50 per roll
Paper: £12.00 per pack
Bubble Wrap: £22.00 per roll
We offer free packing quotations.
Advice for preparing and self packing
- If using your own boxes they must be flat topped and suitable for stacking
- Clearly mark every box with its contents and the room you want it delivered to ( e. g. China – Kitchen)
- Leave drawers full if they contain non-breakable items
- If requested, we can bring boxes for hanging clothes which we take away after the removal
- We do not wrap furniture before it leaves the house as it prevents us form handling it safely. All items are wrapped on the van and items will be covered if it is raining.
All small items must be packed prior to the removal. This includes DVD players, computers, pictures and table lamps.
- Remove all lampshades and pack separately.
- Stand pictures upright – face to face and back to back – to avoid damage by the metal fittings. Put paper and screwed up paper between pictures to stop rocking motion. If the pictures are taller than the box, tape the flaps in the air. Leave very big pictures on the wall for us to deal with it.
- Put duvets, pillows, cushions, soft toys, etc into the black plastic bin liners.
- Pack plates on their edge and finish packing below the box lid (the box should not be bulging)
- Pack books flat and not in the same box as china.
- Please do not put china in plastic bags (even if it is first wrapped in a soft material such as a duvet).
- Please do not use fruit trays for china or books as this provides no protection.
- Removal petrol from lawn mowers. Do not pack flammable liquids or gases.
Our fully equipped vans, trained and careful removals staff and ability to move you all over the UK means we're the number one choice for any move that requires that personal touch.
If you have any questions about our Removals Service, please contact us today and we'll get straight back to you.